The guys talk about growing out of your comfort and into your potential.
- It can be easy to coast. To use the hammer since you know how to use that hammer. Growth comes from using a different tool.
- The author of Dread Nation gets up early and is dedicated to her craft. She’s gunning for a book year. Not fucking around.
- It’s important to get out of your comfort zone by trying new things.
- Creativity is defiance. (Quote from Twyla Tharp).
- Sometimes the creative juice can come from trying new things. Eric did this by attempting poetry in the Devil’s Leech.
- When you get overwhelmed you sometimes can get hit with inertia or fall back to old strategies.
- There are lots of growthless traps. Revisions can be that.
- Let it breathe so you can breathe.
- Time off can lead to increased productivity.
- Stepping up is about sacrifice.
- Play at home: How do you envision your perfect artist self? What would each day look like?
- Spending time is the path. Don’t work smarter… work harder!