Creativity can be spontaneous, but sometimes the muse needs a bit of setup. A few crucial first moves or rituals can help. The guys talk about some of theirs.
- Eric is sockless. You can follow along at home!
- George says the most important ritual is just sitting down and doing. You have to make it happen and being aware to do the work is the ritual. George is meta.
- Guilt yourself and just fucking do it.
- Not insurance against failure. Trying more is making more.
- Eric adds: Sheer quantity over quality, helps you to improve.
- Setting aside a block of time can be critical as the first stage.
- Sheldon details out his morning ritual.
- Come up with a set of things to do to get in the mood. Use other senses and sequence events to make it happen.
- Check out write or die
- Eric loves distractions and uses that part of him to make reward loops for himself.
- Use the things that you love to do as motivations to push through and get yourself working.
Leave comments down below!
Apparently, George liked this episode 🙂